Sunday, June 19, 2011

I was fatherless

I grew up without my father with me.  For me a family with the composition of a mother, father and their children is only a structure.  A family, for me, are those people who know me, love me, took care of me and are there for me.

I went to church today and was amazed by the thought that fathers are endangered species. Survey says 63% of world's population is fatherless.  Maybe 15% are with their fathers. Maybe 22% are with their fathers who are not really with them.  Preoccupied with something.

I was fatherless.  And my son has the same fate.  I believe I am fine.  He will be too.  Kudos to us who grew up fatherless and yet are still standing still with arms raised to the Father in heaven. 

Psalms 68:5 says God is the Father of the fatherless...

1 John 3:1 says See what great love the father has lavished on us that we should be called children of God!  And that is what we are!  The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him.

So, if you are fatherless, do not despair!  You have a mighty Father!

And to you who has a father, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment