Thursday, March 17, 2011

Why I love my work (and everything that comes with it)


While some tend to avoid talking about their jobs, worse lambast on their Facebook walls all their emotions about work, I take this opportunity to share why I love my work and everything that comes with it.

I am blessed to have this job in many ways which I am going to share further.  Yes, the job itself is the blessing but  I am (honestly) more enjoying the results of this blessing.  And I have called them sub-blessings.

Sub-blessing 1:
I got this job because of an ex-workmate who recommended me to her boss. 

Of course, I went through the application process before I got it.  There were two of us who applied for the same position, the other is my friend/ ex-workmate too.  I got hired but I was assigned in a different department.  My friend got the post. 

Nevertheless, it was great.  I got a job.  Then my friend found a better earning company and resigned.  And then I was assigned to that post.

I am grateful that I never had any ill-feeling with what I went through.  As they say, “Between the optimist and the pessimist, the difference is droll. The optimist sees the doughnut; the pessimist the hole!”  Job is a blessing!

Sub-blessing 2:
Where do I work?  Location: Western part of Singapore.  Office is situated near the sea that divides Singapore and Malaysia.  Highway.



I love the wideness of what I can see from the window pane.  The green grass and the see beyond that restricted area.  Very placid.

And just before our bus company fetches us in the afternoon, I can have few minutes to breathe the fresh air, feel the warmth of the sun, and stand looking at a wide area.

Why I value those simple things?  I just do.

Sub-blessing 3:
The people.  The company is owned by a family of gentle and generous people.  I have learned how they started for a small business to a big one and now is branching to another company.  Good things happen to good people. 

My workmates.   Great people.  Everyone is just too easy to approach, no issues.  Everyone is nice. 

Miscellaneous blessings:

**Yesterday, I went to the warehouse to hand a document to the warehouse manager.  I then realized that the company is just too big and it is expanding (just acquired another lot I heard + business growing in China too).  Business is growing.  Blessing.
**My desk is twice the desk I had from my previous job. 
**My monitor is 20” flat screen, Dell. (Technically, I do not know how to describe it.)  It is big.
**I can go off at 6pm!  No over time required.  Amazing!  Everything is just managed well that I can say, I have life!
**Lunch is subsidized by the company. 
**Food.  Everybody loves food.  The directors and managers would always buy for us.
**Team concept. 

I know I missed to include few things.  But I will edit the blog when I remember what I missed.

Which company I work for?  PM me. LOL.

My point is, having a job is already a blessing.   How you see the small things with it is another blessing (with sub-blessings + miscellaneous blessings).

No comments:

Post a Comment