Friday, April 8, 2011

My thoughts while reading the book of Joshua

When I read the Bible Lord, specially the in the Old Testament.  It reminds you are God.  You are the most powerful.  All the while I had been living a life with you in my life as a casual personality with casual relationship. 

I wondered how it would be like to be able to speak to you and even see you.  I am still at the book of Joshua yet I know I have not feared you enough.  Last night during my ENLI class, Pastor Josh said there are 2 greatest sins: Pride and Fear.  I have both. 

I am thankful Lord for the steadfast love that you gave me.   For that heart that knows I have to be cleansed.  And if I am going to serve you, I have to know who the God I am serving. 

And yet you speak “Fear me not” (as of writing).

Let me continue to know you God through your word.  Let me meditate on it (if possible day and night). 

Let time nor place be a hindrance.  Help me Lord to be strong to stop temptations and block my ears from the lies that tells me I am not at the right attitude of reading.  May your word be my every need.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment